Saturday, January 15, 2011

The last should have been first, oh well....

Left: Daisy being awarded Runner Up Best In Show Coffs Harbour Show Society 2010.
General Special Judge: Ms E. Brown QLD

Dear Friends,
I have heard from several sources that some of you read my ramblings and it has been suggested that it was about time that I added to them.

right: Our Daisy, Runner Up Best In Show Bonville & District Kennel Club General Specials Judge Mrs L. Buchanen QLD
 A group of us Dachie girls travelled to Inverell for R & R, or so we thought!The Friday show, the wind, cold and rain was unbelievable, not as much rain as Kyogle but at least in Kyogle it wasn't cold..... Daisy was awarded Runner up in Group amongst all that, under the New Zealand Judge, she's such a trooper our little girl. Friday night at 11.45 pm there was a loud knock on the door of the cabin we were in, the SES were warning us to be ready to evacuate, as the McIntyre River at the back of us was to peak at 4am, and we might have to evacuate in a hurry. We had to have everything packed ready to go, needless to say there was no sleep from then on for Elke and I at least , our friend Meg happily slept confident that we would wake her if necessary! The river got to about 4 metres from our cabin at 4 am so we dozed until morning. The rain etc continued all Saturday as well, Meg's Standard Dachshunds were the most successful that day, both Max and Bella won their age classes. Sunday the sun was out and it was warm, but oh the MUD!! Daisy, Max & Bella won their classes which meant that Meg and I had to stay until the end of the show, this meant that we didn't get back home until 7pm, it was a very long weekend...
There were a few more shows after that, Harry and Daisy both had a few class wins between them, most of the shows were held either in the wet or mud to some extent ,show and go was the order of the day.

Christmas has come and gone we were lucky to have all of our children and their partners, plus grandchildren etc. visit us, mostly at different times between mid December until last Wednesday when our son Jason left to return to Townsville (he's Army).

I'm hoping to get some time to paint over the next few weeks, and Lyle and I hopefully can get some time to relax. I will try to be more dilligent this year in keeping you up to date, letting you know if and when we are expecting any puppies, and also I am hoping to have some very exciting news for you concerning our 'Daisy' very soon.
Take care and please keep sending your photos and any news of those much loved and special Sonree babies of yours. Kind regards to you all, Virginia